Tag Archives: Firebird

SAM Broadcaster Firebird to MySQL migration

While managing SAM Broadcaster for Radio H2O I got sick of all the bugs and charset incompatibilities between filesystem and Firebird DB dealing with other SAMBC quirks. So, I decided to migrate SAMBC data from FirebirdSQL to MySQL to see if it could help.  In short; it didn’t solve main problem, because SAMBC messes up everything by using Windows default code page for its internal workings. Never the less, it was a nice exercise in coding for two databases and charset conversion.

The script requires a recent PHP version and PDO extension. It can be run from CLI as well as web script in Apache.

Fork or download it from GitHub.